Summer Programs Water FunSports TimeNature StudiesCooking ProjectsVarious Trips
Summer is fun for everyone!
We always plan an exciting and fun summer for your children. While we have fun, friendships, and laughter, we still manage to learn some new exciting things. Our summer program is small, so each child has a chance to participate and receive individual attention.
Our Summer Program is like good old-fashioned summers we used to have with a little education added. We start our day with a delicious breakfast in our air-conditioned facility followed by free play, then music and dancing and gentle yoga. Children attending local day camps go to their buses. For those remaining, we discuss our one of our summer learning topics such as camping, dinosaurs, nature, science and the children do some related activities or project that reinforce what we have learned. We blend in reviews of school concepts with the fun as well. Next, we have extended outdoor time (weather permitting of course) in our safe, private, wooded playground. When we are outside, we relate some activities to our morning discussions as well — perhaps leaf and bug collecting or setting up a tent.
Your children will have a variety of daily activities in which they can participate:
- Water fun to keep them cool and hydrated. Sprinklers, spray bottles, and small water tables for infants. During rest time for the younger children, school-age children get water shooters to soak each other — if they choose to, of course. While we encourage them, no child is forced to participate in any activity.
- Sports time and instruction such as soccer, basketball, kickball, volleyball, obstacle courses, Gaga and all sorts of creative tag and running.
- If your child prefers, they can play board games and do puzzles or read a book in the great outdoors.
- We love science and do various hands-on experiments. Your child will come home with lots of stories, and you will see them in action in photos on our Facebook page. Click this link to visit us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/arschild.
- Nature studies — your child will have time to study a variety of study topics in the great outdoors. We will organize nature walks in our own woods looking for rocks, studying bugs, listening for birds, finding amphibians (be prepared for what they bring home!)
- Cooking projects — many times during the summer (and the rest of the year!) the kids roll up their sleeves and learn to cook. They really enjoy being little chefs and learning about tastes, science, measuring, and converting. Examples of food we prepare: homemade sorbet, banana bread, pizza, old-fashioned bread, and lots more. Kids learn about measuring, stirring, kneading, chopping, and cooking. Most important, they learn about safety in the kitchen.
- Trips may include Cortlandt Town Pool (pizza party!) which parents are welcome to attend., Bear Mountain Zoo, Muscat Farm and other surprise trips to fun places.
It should be a great summer. Hope you can join us!